Sunday, March 12, 2017

Planning 2

    Now that I decided what type of movie and what genre I want to do I decided to start planning what's going to happen in the movie. One aspect that I have seen is common in scary movies is the movie opening being scary itself. Instead of the opening establishing the characters a lot of movies begin the opening or introducing certain aspects of the movie a lot of films make the first couple minutes scary to introduce the main scary aspect of the movie, whether it being a person, a house, or an animal. In the movie "Lights Out" the first couple of minute it introduces the main scary character and already has scary parts in the first couple of scenes. Instead of establishing the setting or background information it began with the horror part immediately. So thanks to this knowledge I decided to introduce this aspect into my own movie. I thought to add something similar but unlike the movie Lights Out I'm not going to show the main scary character because that requires a budget that I don't have.
    I decided the plot of my movie is gonna be about two cops who were killed by a monster and that specific monster later goes for the wife of one of the cops. I'm going to incorporate quick changes of camera shots to avoid showing the monster. I'm also going to try to add high pitched noises while the monster is attacking the cops to make the audience feel more scared. I haven't decided in specifics about where I'm going to do this but I know that it has to be somewhere dark in order to add a more "horror" feel for the movie.




Here was the first scene of the movie in "Lights out" where already in the first couple scene there is a murder. This is something I hope to incorporate into my movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment